Do you love Craft Beer? We sure do! Are you interested in learning how to make awesome Craft Beer?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we would love to hear from you!
Beltway Brewing Company is located in Sterling, Virginia, and began as a host for partner brewing, contract brewing, and the production of private label beers. We have since grown and offer a line of world class beers that continues to evolve and bring more fans into the craft brewing experience. Beltway's mission is to grow the availability, awareness, and appreciation of quality craft beer brands. Our niche is artfully executing the production of great Beltway Brands and the best beer possible for our brand owner clients dreaming of growth
Beltway Brewing Company's Core Values are:
This entry level position is responsible for performing the basic functions in the cellar with training and supervision.
· Maintains all quality standards and safety set for beer and alcoholic beverage production at Beltway Brewing Company facilities.
· Correctly weighs out and stages raw materials including hops, fruit, brewing aids, etc. for use in cellar operations.
· Effectively transfers beer to and from fermentation vessels and brite beer tanks using hoses and pumps.
· Assists brewers with graining out lauter tun and prepping spent grain for our farmer friends and their cows, too!
· Milling grain for upcoming brews
· Monitors fermentation, testing for gravity, pH, temperature and pressure as well as documenting on fermentation/cellaring logs and ekos brewery software.
· Clean in Place (CIP) and Clean Under Pressure (CUP) as well as sanitizing processes on fermentation vessels and brite beer tanks.
· Applies dry hops and other ingredients according to Batch Process
· CIP and filling of kegs.
· Assists with packaging of cans.
· Safely follows SOPs in handling of chemicals as well as hoses and vessels under pressure.
· Champions the usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Completes general cleaning tasks on a daily/needed basis. (Sweeping, scrubbing, organizing, etc.).
· Maintains a clean and orderly workspace. “Clean it like ya’ MEAN it!”
· Prepping for and completing various tasks in our QA/QC Lab.
· Performs brewery specific responsibilities as directed, required, or assigned.
· Begins training certification program to facilitate employee progress and continued growth.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrates ability to be punctual, reliable and ready/willing to multitask.
· Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate the willingness to ask questions before proceeding with a process.
· Demonstrates the ability to make well informed decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties in some extreme environments. Must have the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 55-165 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see and operate objects, tools and controls.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Pay Rate: $10-14/hr
Supervisor: Production Manager/Head Brewer and Shift Supervisor/Lead Brewer
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
Minimum Experience: N/A
Age Requirement: 21+
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools and Equipment: Brewery Equipment, Pallet Jack, Forklift, Scissor Lift
Employee benefits include health, 401K, educational opportunities, over 2 week of PTO to start, and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values, and mission.
All applicants are required to take the following assessment prior to an interview:
Beltway is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Beltway Brewing retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.