Please Check Junk/Spam Folders for Job Notifications
Beltway Brewing Company is a state-of-the-art brewery that helps breweries of all sizes reach the next level, whether through product development, or brewing and packaging services. In addition to helping craft breweries perfect recipes, reach a broader audience, and scale for distribution, our atmospheric taproom serves these (and our very own, award-winning) unique brews, providing a true haven for beer makers and beer lovers.
We are looking for a brewer with proven production and packaging brewery experience to help us create the quality product and premium service for which Beltway is known. A strict adherence to quality and consistency is key. This is a full-time position with great benefits.
The Brewer is an integral part in our day-to-day operations; they not only craft our quality product but also act as a leader and teacher for others in the company. Brewers at Beltway Brewing have a unique opportunity to create and produce a variety of custom beers as we do not churn out the same beer every week.
Beltway’s Core Values are:
Come Join the Team!
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Wort Production
• Assist with all brewing and packaging operations
• Assist in recipe development/scaling
• Depending on experience; may have supervisory responsibility with assistant/apprentice brewers
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of brewery
• Maintain accurate production records
• At least 1-2 years of proven brewing experience in a production/packaging brewery
• Experience with a variety of brewing practices.
• Experience following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) precisely
• Experience with QC lab standards and practices and yeast maintenance
Physical Qualifications: - Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds, climb steep stairs repeatedly, crouch and work in tight spaces - Willingness to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold or hot conditions - Willingness / ability to work safely with chemicals - Ability to work in a moderate noise level
• A degree from a professional brewing education program
• Experience supervising other brewery employees
• Experience with automated packaging lines, centrifuge operation, Orbisphere 3100, Zahm & Nagel CO2 meter, densitometer, and other applicable wort and beer testing equipment
• Experience writing SOPs
• Forklift certification
• Either live in the Washington, DC metro area or be willing to relocate
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.